Nuclear Power Generation
In the global decarbonization movement, the coexistence of CO₂ free nuclear power generation along with the expansion of renewable energy is one of the options. In addition, it is necessary to proceed safely and efficiently with long-term decommissioning of nuclear power plants that finish operation from an economic and aging point of view.
TOYO's nuclear power generation facility project began in the 1970s with project support for construction projects for domestic customers. Since then, we have been designing and constructing various facilities related to auxiliary facilities such as radioactive waste treatment and storage facilities, spent fuel storage facilities, and electrical auxiliary boiler facilities, as well as nuclear fuel cycle related facilities, and supporting the maintenance of the related systems.
Based on these experiences, TOYO supports the stable operation of nuclear power generation facilities, including measures to improve the safety and reliability of nuclear power plants in Japan.
On the other hand, with regard to decommissioning of nuclear power plants which is one of the most important issues in Nuclear related field, in cooperation with overseas partners such as GNS and others who have extensive experience in Europe and the United States, TOYO makes full use of their experience and knowledge and TOYO's project management and engineering capabilities to provide various support for decommissioning projects for domestic power generation operators.
Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc.
- Design and construction of Spent Fuel Dry Cask Storage facility
- Auxiliary Boiler design and construction
- Site Bunker equipment design and construction
Power Reactor and Nuclear Fuel Development Corporation (currently Japan Atomic Energy Agency)
- Design and construction of Plutonium Conversion Development Facility
- Design and construction of Plutonium Contaminated Waste Treatment Facility
Japan Nuclear Fuel Limited, the Rokkasho Reprocessing Plant
- Utility Facilities design and construction
Domestic Major Electric Power Company
- Miscellaneous Solid Waste Volume Reduction Treatment Facility design construction
- Decommissioning management system, waste management system examination, small simulator delivery